DESCRIPTION: Urea is a derivative from protein metabolism, and appears in urine. It is a whitish crystalline powder with a slight ammoniacal odor.
- It is a potent moisturizer and humectant of the skin.
- It helps to replenish natural urea content in skin after cleansing
- Keratolytic properties (skin-exfoliating) at higher concentrations
- Has purifying and deodorizing properties
- It is an anti inflammatory agent, it therefore helps to sooth the skin.
Applications: Creams, lotions, sun care products, after-sun lotions, abrasive creams, cleansing products including shampoos & body washes.
Solubility: Water (Can withstand heat). It is Soluble in water; only partly soluble in glycerin (500 g/L in glycerin) and alcohols (10 g/L in 95% alcohol, 167 g/L in methanol).
Use rate: 2.0 – 15.0% (up to 40%)
MW: 60.06 g/mol