DESCRIPTION: SPAN 85 (Sorbitan Trioleate) is a liquid, PEG-Free, nonionic emulsifier of a low HLB value. It is a partial ester of natural fatty acids and sorbitan, obtained via esterification. It functions as an emulsifier, dispersing, and spreading agent. It can be used for either oil-in-water or water-in-oil emulsions – specifically used in W/O emulsions. They are also beneficial in emulsions that produced extra whitening since they reduce rubbing time (Use at about 2%)
- Water-in-oil emulsifier/co-emulsifier
- Approved natural by Ecocert
- Particularly recommended for vegetable oils
- Dispersing agent for insoluble liquids in lipophilic emulsions
- Dispersing agent for powders such as zinc oxide
- Compatible with cationic and anionic emulsifiers
- Readily biodegradable
APPLICATIONS: Emulsified butters, shampoos, creams, lotions, oils, oil-based cleansers, etc, in skin care and hair care.
INCI: Sorbitan Trioleate
Solubility: Vegetable oil, mineral oil, and alcohol.
Use Rate: 0.5 – 5.0% (Up to 10%)
pH Stability Range: 4.0 – 8.0
Saponification Value: 160 - 190
Temperature Tolerance: Avoid temperatures above 80°C
Appearance: Viscous Amber liquid