Rosehip Seed Oil
3 In Stock
This oil is amazing when used in mature or dry skin applications, due to the high content of fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It has been traditionally used for its nutritious content and natural anti-oxidising abilities, particularly by the Andean Indians. Premium emollient and moisturizer, leaves the skin soft, smooth and hydrated. Has been shown to improve the appearance of aging skin. Ideal for distressed and/or sensitive skin.
Rosehip seed oil is considered an astringent oil, leaving no greasy-feeling residue on the skin, and being easily and well absorbed and making it excellent and comfortable for oily skin. Rosehip seed oil is an excellent cosmetic ingredient for skin care as well as hair care, for its ability to provide much-needed nutrition, help regenerate cells, reduce the appearance of fine line and wrinkles and improve the tone and colour of the skin. Rosehip Seed Oil’s naturally high content of vitamin A has made it a popular choice in treatments to target skin infections.
- Predominant fatty acids are the essential linoleic acid (LA, C18:2, Omega 6) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA, C18:3, Omega 3).
- Contains oleic acid (C18:1, Omega 9) and palmitic acid (C16:0).
- Contains provitamin A.
- The clear liquid oil is of a pale to orange-red colour with distinctive odour and taste.
- Due to the high content of ALA in Rose Hip Oil it exhibits anti-inflammatory effects and is especially well suited for the regeneration of dry, rough and flaky skin.
- Very low content of saturated fatty acids features Rose Hip Oil as a light, quickly absorbed and non-greasy oil.
- LA is important for Ceramide synthesis, thus contributing to regenerative processes in the skin and reducing TEWL.
- Due to its content of provitamin A, Rose Hip Oil exhibits antioxidant and anti-ageing properties.
- Rose Hip Oil preserves the elasticity and firmness of the skin, revitalizes cells, and is strengthening and protective.
- Tissue Regeration
- Minimizes Scar Tissue
- Exceptional Skin Moisturizer
- up to 30%
- Skin Care Emulsions – 2 to 5%
- Body Care Emulsions – 2 to 10%
- Skin / Body Oils, Salves, Balms – 5 to 30%
- Lip Balms – 1 to 5%
- Anti Aging Products
- Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
- Scarred, Discolored, Skin Treatments
- Skin Care Creams, Lotions
- Body Care Creams, Lotions
- Regenerative Products
- Lip Products
Here is how to extend the shelf of this fragile oil.
- Always wipe the mouth with an alcohol wipe to remove all traces of oil, to help prevent oxidation on the mouth of the bottle.
- Transfer it to a dark bottle, or store in a dark place, to prevent light penetration as much as possible, you can also add an anti-oxidant such as 1% Vitamin E to help prevent oxidation and rancidity.
NOTE : Please note that Rosehip Seed Oil comes in 50ml Amber bottles