Emulsifiers & Thickners
2 In Stock
An emulsifying agent prepared from sorbitol in a three-step process. The sorbitan is then partially esterified with a fatty acid, such as oleic or stearic acid, to yield a hexitan ester. Finally, ethylene oxide is chemically added in the presence of a catalyst to yield the polysorbate.
- Non-ionic, multi-purpose emulsifier (enables water and oil to mix)
- Emulsifying efficacy is increased when combined with cetyl alcohol or sorbitan stearate
- Acts as dispersing agent and anti-static thickener
- Very useful as solubilizer and stabilizer of essential oils
- May be useful as hair growth supplement
- Apearance: Amber, viscous liquid, odorless.
- Saponification value 45-55.
- Solubility: Soluble in water & alcohols, insoluble in oils. HLB value 15
- Use: Oil-in-water emulsions
- CAS: 9005-65-6
- INCI Name: Polysorbate-80
- Usage rate: 1 - 10%. For external use only.