DESCRIPTION: Odour-Shield is a naturally derived and fully biodegradable active that significantly neutralizes unwanted odors – in cosmetic formulation or on the skin. It comes in an easy-to-use water-soluble form. Odour-Shield works by trapping and absorbing odours. It is able to efficiently bind and neutralize molecules causing unpleasant odours, such as organic acids, amines, ammonia, mercaptanes, thioethers, hydrogen sulphide, etc. Functional groups such as aldehydes and ketones which are often parts of perfumes are not absorbed
Odour-shield is especially beneficial for natural deodorants because it does not block pores or inhibit perspiration. It also does not disrupt the skin’s microflora because it is neither anti-microbia or anti-fungal. Odour-shield can be used t absorb unwanted odours from cosmetic raw materials.
• Easy-to-use water dispersible variant
• Fully biodegradable
• Does not block sweat glands
• Suitable for natural formulations
• Does not disrupt the microflora
• Natural deodorant
• Effective odour absorber
• Not sensitizing or irritating
• No bioaccumulation
• High stability
• Absorbs raw material odours - may affect part of the fragrance
• Compatible with anionic, nonionic and amphoteric raw materials
• CIR reviewed and regarded for use as safe, non-in Cosmetics
• This material is quite dense – it is sold by weight and not volume; Material will settle during transportation.
APPLICATIONS: Used in deodorants, shampoos, lotions, creams, roll-on deodorants, deodorant spray, washing powder detergents, textiles proddepilatoriestories, pet care, etc.
INCI: Activated Zinc Ricinoleate
Use Rate: 2.0 – 6.0% in deodorants.
Solubility: Water (Can be added into finished products as is.
pH Stability: 4.0 - 12.0
Temperature Tolerance: Avoid temperatures above 80°C
Zinc Salt active: 10%
Storage: Store in a cool, dark and dry place.
Add Disodium EDTA (at about 0.1) in formulations with a pH below 8, and Tetrasodium EDTA in formulations with a pH above 8.