Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil is distilled from the Lemon Plant.The name is derived from the Arabic 'laimun' or the Persian 'limun'. The tree was brought to Europe by the Crusaders in the Middle Ages and the fruit has a good content of vitamins A, B and C.
The main chemical components of lemon oil are a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-terpinene, linalool, b-bisabolene, limonene, trans-a-bergamotene, nerol and neral.
The therapeutic properties of lemon oil are anti-anemic, antimicrobial, anti-rheumatic, anti-sclerotic, antiseptic, bactericidal, carminative, cicatrisant, depurative, diaphoretic, diuretic, febrifuge, haemostatic, hypotensive, insecticidal, rubefacient, tonic and vermifuge.
Lemons are also packed with nutrients such as citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, pectin, and flavonoids.
- Lemon Essential oil are rich in vitamin C, which improves the rate it which your hair grows by boosting the production of collagen.
- The acidic nature of lemons helps tighten the hair follicles, curbing hair fall.
- It helps clean the scalp and unclog hair follicles. Clogging of the follicles often leads to issues such as dandruff and hair fall.
- Lemon Essential oil has anti-fungal properties that help maintain scalp health.
- It helps control the production of oil in your scalp.
- Lemon essential oil also helps stimulate re-growth from dormant hair follicles.
As with oily skin, lemon oil can reduce the amount of sebum on the scalp, as well as help rebalance the production of oils. It is antiseptic and antimicrobial, helping to resolve secondary infections that often-complicate acne and dandruff. A conditioner that contains lemon oil could replace your shampoo as the citrus will clean and sanitize the scalp. If you have ever deeply inhaled the scent of lemon oil, you’ve probably noticed that it has a stimulating, and yet calming, influence in the mind. This can be very soothing during stressful times or for those who have anxiety.
With its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, many use it for scalp conditions, namely scalp inflammation. Lemon Oil helps to fight infection and inflammation due to the high Vitamin C content. Vitamin C also helps to to produce collagen which is a crucial element in our hair and skin. This is why lemon may help your hair grow faster and help to heal and restore the skin. It is known to fight hair loss and when combined with rosemary and lavender it is a great hair treatment.
Store in a cool dry place.
* Lemon oil is phototoxic so it should not be used in sun care products.