Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil is distilled from the Lemon Plant.The name is derived from the Arabic 'laimun' or the Persian 'limun'.
The main chemical components of lemon oil are a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-terpinene, linalool, b-bisabolene, limonene, trans-a-bergamotene, nerol and neral.
- Lemon Essential oil are rich in vitamin C, which improves the rate it which your hair grows by boosting the production of collagen.
- Lemon essential oil contains hesperidin, which helps reduce melanin production in the skin. Therefore, Lemon oil is used to treat dark spots, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
- Due to its very high anti bacterial properties it helps to limit and eradicate acne. This may sometimes cause some breakouts in the process.
- It helps tighten the hair follicles, curbing hair fall.
- It helps clear and clean the scalp and unclog hair follicles. This helps prevent dandruff and hair loss.
- Lemon Essential oil has anti-fungal properties that help maintain scalp health.
- It helps control the production of oil in your scalp.
- Lemon essential oil also helps stimulate re-growth from dormant hair follicles.
Lemon oil reduces the amount of sebum on the scalp, as well as help rebalance the production of oils.
With its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, it is used for scalp treatments. Lemon Oil may also help fight infection and inflammation due to the high Vitamin C content. Vitamin C also helps to to produce collagen.
* Lemon oil is phototoxic so it should not be used in sun care products.
SOLUBILITY: Oil Soluble