Hyssop Extract - Liquid
4 In Stock
INCI Name: Hyssopus Officinalis (Hyssop) Extract
Hyssop extract is derived from the Hyssop plant. flower. In the botanical world, it is known by the name Hyssopus Officinalis. This shrub grows mainly in the Mediterranean region and was known as a holy or sacred herb in ancient times.
This plant extract is full of vitamins and minerals needed by the skin for its optimal function. It is a good source of betulinic acid, ascorbic acid, glutamic acid, pectic acids and fatty acids.
Hyssop leaves and green stems contain many bioactive compounds like rosmarinic and caffeic acids along with pinanones, beta-pinene, limonene, pinocamphone, and isopinocamphone, tannin, glycosides (diosmine), flavonoids, and marrubin.
Many of these compounds are found in the plant extract and can be produced in pure form.
Hyssop is wonderful in skin care formulations because of the following benefits:
- Cleansing: Hyssop provides natural cleansing properties that can greatly help minimize the appearance of pores therefore making the skin look softer and smoother.
- Great for Oily Skin: Hyssop can also help liven up your complexion as well as balance oil and help cleanse pores.
- Because of its natural properties, Hyssop extract is known to have a great reputation for helping those with sensitive skin.
- Hyssop is used in several Ayurvedic treaments that are used to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. When applied generously on the skin, this extract tightens the skin, making you look youthful and more radiant.
- It is also known to stimulate healthy hair and skin growth in the human body.
- Hyssop extract is rich in Betulinic acid which actively inhibits the enzyme elastase to prevent/correct the loss of elastic fibers responsible for skinsuppleness. It stimulates collagen synthesis and inhibits the inflammatory processes by protecting against protein kinases. It is also a sebum regulator, and inhibits the growth of acne producing bacteria such as Escherichia Coli and Staphylococcus Aureus on the skin.
- It is also a potent skin hypoallergenic agent.
- It is rich in Glutamic acid which is a skin lightner. Glutamine, or L-glutamine, is a non-essential amino acid that is naturally present in the human body. It serves a number of specific functions that help skin cells to function optimally for smooth, healthy-looking skin.
First, glutamine has been shown to play a key role in the growth of fibroblast cells. These cells synthesize collagen, which comprises about 75 percent of the skin’s cellular structure. Collagen is the protein that gives the skin its youthful firmness. As we age, however, the amount of collagen that the body naturally produces begins to decline, which can lead to the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. By stimulating collagen production, glutamine helps to reverse the effects of aging, restoring a smoother tone and texture to the skin.Glutamine also offers free radical protection by aiding in the production of antioxidants within the body. Additionally, it provides immune system support to help reduce infection and accelerate the wound healing process, making it an excellent ingredient to soothe and repair minor skin injuries.
- This beneficial herb nourishes the follicles of hair and keeps your scalp healthy. It relieves the dryness of the scalp and makes it hydrated and moist. Also its regular application helps in warding off various types of scalp related infection and dandruff.
- Hyssop is an astringent and antiseptic, making it a perfect natural treatment for acne prone skin – and it has superb healing properties (in part due to its ability to increase blood circulation to the skin), so it’s great not only for wrinkles and pimples.