Green Tea Extract
Green tea has a very high concentration of polyphenols and methylxanthines. Green tea extracts have an array of benefits to the skin and hair.
Green tea helps to inhibit the effects of the sun rays and can limit the risk of skin cancers.
- Polyphenols present in green tea (and therefore, its extracts) help limit or eradicate skin damage which may result in aging and wrinkling on the skin.
- It results in anti-radical action, anti-metalloproteinase, anti-inflammatory, and photoprotective actions.
- Another active agent, Catechin has been found to kill germs as well as other microorganisms that can adversely affect the skin.
- Green tea regenerates the skin by improving skins circulatory system which in turn delivers nutrients to the skin.
- Green tea has the ability to inhibit collagen and elastin degradation.
- For hair care: green tea has the ability to improve gloss and strength of hair.
INCI: Camelia Sinensis Extract, 1,2,3-Propanetriol & Aqua
Appearance: Dark brown liquid
Solubility: 20% Predissolved solution
Suggested percentage: 1% to 6%
This is a cosmetic raw material and is meant for external use only in cosmetic formulations. As with all of our materials, it should not be taken internally.