Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate
Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate is a surfactant used in skin and hair care. It is a disodium salt of ethoxylated lauryl alcohol and is bound to sulfosuccinic acid. Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate is primarily used in cleansing products, such as bath soaps and detergents, shampoos and shaving creams.
If functions in a number of ways which include
- acting as cleansing agent
- foam booster
Description: Very mild anionic co-surfactant, highly water soluble in a wide pH range, pH: 6.5 - 7.5 (in 5% aqueous solution).
INCI Name: Disodium laureth sulfosuccinate
- Very mild co-surfactant compatible with anionic, nonionic, amphoteric surfactants
- Useful also as primary surfactant due to its good foaming and cleansing properties
- Especially suitable for products for delicate skin and baby shampoos,
- Has good emulsifying properties (useful as secondary emulsifier)
Use: Can be added to formulas as is. Recommended use level 4 - 40% depending on desired foaming and cleansing effects. For external use only.
Applications: Can be used for formulating body washes, shampoos, bubble baths, cleansing lotions, creams, hand soaps, baby products, hair conditioners, cream rinses.
Country of Origin: USA