Cypress Essential Oil
3 In Stock
Cypress essential oil is obtained from the needle-bearing tree of coniferous and deciduous regions — the scientific name is Cupressus sempervirens. The cypress tree is all year evergreen, with small, rounded and woody cones. Its bark yields the essential oil when steam distilled for its potent aromatic oil.
The young twigs, stems and needles of the cypress tree are steam-distilled, and the essential oil has a clean and energizing aroma. The main constituents of cypress are alpha-pinene, carene and limonene; the oil is known for its antiseptic, antispasmodic, antibacterial, stimulating and antirheumatic properties.
Cypress essential oil is derived from trees in the family Cupressaceae, commonly known as Cypress. These trees are rich in essential oil. Cypress essential oil is a tonic for the circulatory system. It is used to heal a number of blood circulation related conditions like hemorrhoids and varicose veins. In aromatherapy, it s used to spiritually ground a person and instill a sense of emotional security.
Cypress essential oil goes well with other woody oils, like cedarwood oil and pine oil. It also goes well along essential oils of lavender, rosemary and citrus oils like bergamot, lime, lemon, orange and grapefruit.
It is quite effective in the treatment of hair conditins and is quite good for rapid hair growth.
These are the healing properties of Cypress essential oil.
- Astringent – It is one of the most powerful natural astrigents. It shrinks the skin and makes the skin taut.
- Anti-inflammatory – It reduces inflammation when applied topically.
- Antiseptic – It reduces the risk of septic in wounds by preventing bacterial and other infections.
- Vasoconstricting – It shrinks swollen blood vessels. As a result, it helps in hemorrhoids and edema and Varicose veins.
- Antioxidant – It is a mild antioxidant when compared with other essential oil.
- Decongestant – It reduces congestion in the lymphatic system. This has immense health benefits.
- Antispasmodic – It prevents spasms.
- Anti-Lice – It strongly kills lice that infests humans.
- Antiviral – It is effective against some virus species, like herpes simplex virus type 1.
- Antibacterial – It kills several species of bacteria.
Take about 4 – 5 drops of cypress essential oil. Add equal drops of water. Scoop this liquid in a cotton ball and apply it on the hemorrhoids. In case of varicose veins, rub the cotton ball on the skin towards the heart in clean strokes. Let the essential oil get absorbed into the skin. It constricts the swollen veins and its anti-inflammatory activity reduces local inflammation. It hemorrhoids, it reduces itching and pain. Since it is styptic, it cleans off any cut or lesion leaking blood. It also exerts its antiseptic property and reduces the risk of infection.
Cypress oil: It is mainly helpful in treating alopecia areata as well as in treating the dull and dry hair. For best results, you have to mix essential oils like Rosemary, lavender or sage to make your own hair care oil.