Surfactants & Soap Bases
Out of stock
Alternative names: Cocoglucoside, Kokostensid, Kokosglucoside, Palmkern-Fettalkohol, Kokostenside
INCI Function: Surfactant, Foaming, Cleansing
Coco Glucoside is an non-ionic surfactant that can be used as a foaming, cleansing, conditioning, and thickening agent to liquid cleansers and shampoos. It is derived from renewable raw materials such as coconut oil and corn and fruit sugars, and is completely biodegradable. It is GMO-free and contains no diethanolamides, lauryl sulfates, laureth sulfates, parabens and phthalates, or formaldehyde.
Coco Glucoside is comparable to the other Alkyl Polyglucoside Surfactants such as (Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside (c8-10), and Lauryl Glucoside (c12-16)) all being the combination of the glucoside and select fatty alcohols.
Coco Glucoside generates an exceptional foam in almost any conditions. It produces a very satisfactory level of foam, comparable with that obtained using conventional anionic surfactants. Moreover, the foam obtained is very stable, which is an advantage for the formulation of bubble baths and shower gels. The foam generated is fine and stable.In contrast, its touch is not comparable with that of a foam obtained using anionic surfactants. Furthermore, because of its wide range of compatibility, Coco Glucoside can be combined with all types of surfactants without reducing foam volume or stability.
Coco Glucoside, used as a co-surfactant, can reduce the total active requirements of other foaming ingredients, without altering their performance; cleansing effectiveness, foam volume, and ease of thickening.
Coco Glucoside does not contain any impurities. Its chemical nature and the production process results in a surfactant without ethylene oxide or 1,4-dioxane and is suitable for sensitive skin, babies, and animal products.
- Obtained from 100% renewable vegetable origin
- Tolerant of high electrolyte formulations (aloe)
- Improves skin tolerance of the formulation
- Fully Compatible with other Surfactants
- Maintains skin balance without dryness
- Easy to thicken with natural polymers
- Readily Biodegradable
- Environmentally friendly
- Maintains skin balance
- Good foaming power
- ethylene oxide free
- 1,4-dioxane free
- Proven Mildness
- add to the oil phase
- mix into formulations preventing excessive foam
- maintain pH of finished product between 3.0 and 5.0
- 2.0 to 30.0%
Coco Glucoside easily thickens with::
- anionic surfactants
- natural polymers
- xanthan gum 10 to 0.3% (1300)
- carageenan gum 10 to 1.0% (1100)
- carboxy methyl cellulose 10 to 0.8% (1300)
- synthetic polymers
- carbomer 940 10 to 0.5% (3600)
- shampoos (anti-dandruff, anti-seborrheac, conditioners, etc…)
- liquid soaps
- sensitive skin cleansers
- shower gels
- bath oils