Surfactants & Soap Bases
9 In Stock
Coco betaine is a surfactant derived from coconut oil. It produces rich, dense foam that conditions skin. It is one of the most widely used amphoteric surfactants, which have both positive and negative charges. The molecules in cocamide betaine form a link between water and the skin care product, because one side of the molecule is attracted to water (hydrophilic) and the other to oil (lipophilic). By lowering the surface tension of the water, cocamide betaine enables skin and hair care products to produce foam or bubbles. The foaming action of cleansing products helps them to combine with dirt and grime, ensuring that the surfaces of the skin and hair are left completely clean when the product is rinsed off.
Coco betaine is mild and can be easily used in combination with other surfactants. In its pure form, it is non-irritating to skin and eyes and has low toxicity.
- Water Soluble
- Can be used with other surfactants
- Conditions the skin
- Viscosity enhancer
- Antistatic agent
- Moderate emulsifier
- Forms well and remains stable
- Can reduce irritation of anionic surfactants to skin and eyes
- Assay: 30% Active matter
- CAS#: 61789-40-0
- INCI: Cocamidopropyl betaine
- Appearance: liquid
- pH: Can be used in a wide range of PH 3-7. pH is 5-6 in a 10% aqueous solution.
- Suggested percentage: 2%to 40%
- Storage: Store in cool and dry place. Keep away from direct strong light and heat
This is a cosmetic raw material and is meant for external use only in cosmetic formulations. As with all of our materials, it should not be taken internally.