Carbopol Ultrez 20
DESCRIPTION: Carbopol Ultrez 20 is a Cross-linked acrylate copolymer. It is known as a thickener, stabilizer and antimicrobial agent. Is a hydrophobically modified polymer that possesses self-wetting, dispersing properties and excellent clarity. It can also prove useful in its unique sensory effect, good electrolyte effect, stabilizes and suspends insoluble substance like beads, exfoliants, silicones and oils. This product exhibits excellent performance across wide pH and viscosity ranges. It can act on the skin giving a luxurious feel and elegant appearance. It also contains ethyl acetate & cyclohexane as solvent. Carbopol Ultrez 20 has applications include shampoo, bath gel, body wash, lotion, cream, hydro-alcoholic gels, clear gels, aloe gels and skin care products.
- It can produce great stability with surfactant active levels of 10 wt%
- This is effective across a broad pH range, allowing formulation flexibility
- Provides exceptional clarity in various systems including hydroalcoholic gel formulations
- It provides rapid wetting and great sweeping without needing any agitation with minimal time wastage.
- Useful with exfoliants while maintaining product stability and can suspend and stabilise beads
- Excellent electrolyte tolerance makes it well suited for formulations containing higher levels of botanical ingredients or humectants such as Sodium PCA
- Provides a rich creamy skin feel during the rubout phase after applying oil-in-water based creams and lotions
- Great quality thereby reducing product cost but gives great value for formulation.
INCI Name: Acrylates C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer