DESCRIPTION: Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is the tetraester of Ascorbic Acid and isopalmitic acid (Also known as VC-IP). It is priced in cosmetic as a stable vitamin C derivative with improved percutaneous absorption. It prevents lipid peroxidation, stimulates collagen production, lightens the skin's colour, fades and removes dark spots. A stable antioxidant against free radicals, protect skin cells and prevents and repairs acne. Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate also has good anti-inflammatory properties, sunburn protection, skin lightening and anti-ageing benefits.
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is beneficial in skin lightening with additional sun protection benefits because it helps prevent skin darkening caused by harmful UV rays and UVR induced DNA mutations.
Compared to other vitamin C derivatives, it is stable against heat and light and shows good solubility with plant oils. It has the highest stability among all vitamin C derivatives (As at the time of writing).
- Potent Anti-Oxidant
- Potent Skin Lightener
- Anti-Inflammatory and Soothing
- Prevents Fineline and Wrinkles
- Increased Skin Absorption
- Effectively converts to free vitamin C within the skin
- Sunburn protection
- Skin repairing
- Skin Smoothening
* Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is not the same as Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate. While there are similar in several ways, their molecular structures differ, (They have the same number of elements. but are arranged differently) with Tetraisopalmitate being more stable and more skin-friendly based on the extensive research data it has.
APPLICATIONS: Skin lightening, anti-ageing, anti-acne, sun protection, rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory formulations. Can be used to make oil serums, essences, emulsions, gels, coloured cosmetics, etc.
INCI: Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate
USE RATE: 0.5 ~ 7% (Up to 10%)
APPEARANCE & FORM: Colourless to pale yellow liquid
SOLUBILITY: Water-insoluble – Soluble in oil and ethanol (below 80°C )
pH STABILITY: 4-6 (Best at pH 5.5)
STORAGE: Store in a cool, dark and dry place. Do not freeze.
This is a cosmetic raw material and is meant for external use only in cosmetic formulations. As with all of our materials, it should not be taken internally.