1, 3, Propanediol
Humectants & Moisturizers
3 In Stock
Bio-Propanediol acts as a multipurpose ingredient: emollient, humectant, preservative booster, solvent, viscosity enhancer and carrier for actives. bio-Propanediol is a high purity ingredient 100% from renewable sources; It is made from renewable corn sugar fermentation.
Propanediol can be listed under several different names. The most common ones include:
- trimethylene glycol
- 100% natural
- Excellent sensory characteristic
- Can be used to replace petroleum-based glycols such as propylene glycol, butylene glycol or glycerin in formulations
- Acts as humectant, emollient, skin penetration enhancer and solvent
- Boosts efficacy of preservatives by preventing or retarding bacterial growth
- Improves skin moisturization
- Reduces the greeziness of fomulations.
- Percentage Use Rate: 1-10% depending on the type of formula. For external use only.
- Solubility: Add to water phase
INCI Name: Propanediol