DESCRIPTION: Niacinamide is a multi-functional, high-performance, cost-effective, cosmeceutical. Also known as Nicotinamide, Niacinamie is an essential substance for protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism. It is also a precursor in the synthesis of certain coenzymes involved in the production of cell energy. Niacinamide is mainly used for formulations geared towards a blemish-free, shine-free, and refined skin appearance, UV Radiation damaged skin tone, and for enhancing the skin's barrier function.
Niacinamide is a well-researched ingredient with numerous benefits across skincare. Niacinamide also has a good skin penetration profile. Very good anti-ageing ingredient for stimulating collagen production and hyaluronic acid. It improves the skin barrier by stimulates ceramide, cholesterol, fatty acids, and Filaggrin synthesis, and the production of natural antimicrobial peptides in the skin.
In skin lightening, it lightens the skin by inhibiting the transfer of melanosomes (melanin laden vesicles) into neighbouring keratinocytes. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to help reduce retinoid induced skin irritation. As a rejuvenating ingredient, it improves the skin surface, smoothes out wrinkles and inhibits photocarcinogenesis. It also speeds up the differentiation of keratinocytes, stimulates micro-circulation in the dermis, repairs UV induced DNA damage, and prevents moisture loss.
- 4% Nicotinamide gel is comparable in efficacy to 1% clindamycin gel (leading topical prescription for treating acne) in the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Topical 2% to 5% Niacinamide has shown some efficacy when used alone or in combination with N-Acetyl Glucosamine (4%) for the treatment of melasma and UV-induced hyperpigmentation.
- 2% Niacinamide topically applied may be effective in reducing sebum production.
- Niacinamide with Retinyl Palmitate has been shown to improve hyperpigmentation and increase skin lightening after 4 weeks of treatment.
- Potent anti-acne, rosacea and psoriasis treatment agent
- Treatment and prevention of photoaging
- Improves and helps stabilize the skin's barrier function
- Has antioxidant activity against Singlet Oxygen (the most destructive free radical)
- Improves skin texture/roughness
- Reduces enlarged pores
- Reduces skin oiliness/sebum
- Improves skin texture and reduces roughness.
- Stimulates the skin for a more supple appearance and even texture.
- Reduces skin sensitivity.
- Prevents Transdermal Water Loss (TEWL)
- Improves Atopic dermatistis
- Synergistic action with Resveratrol, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Allantion and SepiWhite.
- Globally approved ingredient
APPLICATIONS: Rejuvenating, Anti-Aging, Anti-Acne, Stratchmark treatment and prevention, After-sun care. Skin lightening, etc, formulations.
USE RATE: 1 ~ 6%
PH STABILITY: 5-7
STORAGE: Store in a cool, dark and dry place.
NOTE: We stock the highest quality of niacinamide (ultra-high purity grade niacinamide. Aka nicotinamide). APPEARANCE: powdery (not crystalline!). Lower grades cause flushing, irritation and allergic reactions at higher concentrations. Ours do not. Sometimes we get asked what's the difference. Be informed