INCI – PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS
Geranium essential oil promotes healthy, glowing skin and hair, while providing a sweet, floral aroma. Geranium oil is also called ‘poor man’s rose’ because of its pretty identical traits with rose essential oil and cheaper cost. Uses of Geranium essential oil date back to ancient Egypt when Egyptians used Geranium oil to beautify skin and for other benefits. As an essential oil, Geranium has been used to promote the appearance of clear skin and healthy hair—making it ideal for skin and hair care products. It also helps calm nerves and lessen feelings of stress. Geranium is also known to naturally repel insects.
- Geranium, being a strong antioxidant, helps in detoxifying our body. It eliminates the harmful free radicals that scavenge important nutrients from the body.
- Geranium is well-known for its positive effects on various skin disorders like acne, rashes, eczema, dermatitis, fungal infections, etc.
- The best thing about geranium essential oil is that it can help fade scars gradually and make our skin flawless
- Geranium is one of the few essential oils used for natural breast firming
- Add a drop to your moisturizer for a smoothing effect.
- Geranium is great for both dry and oily hair. Apply a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner bottle, or make your own deep hair conditioner.
Caution: The oil must be diluted with a carrier oil and then applied to the skin or added to a bath. The oil can also be inhaled after sprinkling a few drops on a piece of cloth or tissue. Moreover, you may use the essential oil in a diffuser or vaporizer. Do not take the oil internally. Pregnant women must not use the oil unless prescribed by a physician