From whole oat (Avena sativa) the Beta Glucan is the soluble fiber in the cell walls of the oat (Avena sativa) kernel. Oat (Avena sativa) Beta Glucan is a linear biopolymer. Despite its high molecular weight Oat Beta Glucan has been shown to penetrate deeply into the tissues to deliver advanced topical skin benefits. Oat (Avena sativa) Beta Glucan is well known for reducing irritation, and inflammation to speed the healing of damaged tissues. The mode of action is through the stimulation of collagen synthesis, indicating it’s superior activity as an anti-aging active ingredient.
1. stimulation of collagen synthesis
2. wound healing
4. skin soothing
6. film former (locking in natural moisture)
8. immuno stimulant
9. Oat Beta Glucan helps to moisturise the skin and also reduces skin sensitivity. Oat Beta comes from multiple sources, including mushrooms, yeast, barley and of course oats. This ingredient improves the moisture-retention capability of the skin and has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. It promotes cell renewal and enhances skin protection.
- Use: Add to formulas to the water phase. Typical concentration 1-5%. Stable when kept in a closed container at a cool & dry place. For external use only.
- contains no solubilization enhancer or emulsifier and may sediment in storage, stir prior to use