Genus :Helichrysum italicum. It is commonly referred to as Everlasting, Immortelle or the Curry Plant!
Why is this Information Important? There are over 600 species of Helichrysum. And often times the species are substituted or intertwined.
This oil is sometimes extremely hard to find in therapeutic grade quality because the plant is very sensitive to climate and soil composition. Any change in these factors modifies the naturally occurring constituent neryl acetate percentage.
It is best harvested when the neryl acetate is between 25-50%.
- Known as the Immortal or Everlasting Flower, Helichrysum holds many benefits for skin. With this reputation, Helichrysum is used in many anti-aging products, and can help target aging spots. If you want to enlist the help of Helichrysum essential oil in your anti-aging skincare routine, apply the oil to your face daily to target fine lines and wrinkles. Helichrysum oil can be used to help promote healthy skin cell regeneration and a glowing, youthful complexion. So whether you apply the oil directly to your face or add it to your favorite facial cleanser, it can help give you the glow you need.
- Due to its significant benefits, many people use Helichrysum oil for skin—particularly when it comes to shaving. With soothing and rejuvenating benefits, Helichrysum essential oil is a key part of an effective Razor Relief Serum that will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean after every shave. Combined with some of the best essential oils for skin, Frankincense, Lavender, and Myrrh, Helichrysum oil works to soothe razor bumps and other irritations that are left behind after shaving.
- Because of its chemical makeup, Helichrysum essential oil is known to have calming, soothing properties. The presence of chemical components called esters contribute to Helichrysum oil’s calming characteristics—making it the perfect oil for when you want to create a soothing sensation. When your body could use a little pacifying, massage Helichrysum essential oil on the back of the neck for a soothing sensation.
- While Helichrysum oil is well-known for its ability to help in anti-aging efforts, the oil has a myriad of benefits that apply to the skin. When you want to combat acne and promote a glowing complexion, Helichrysum essential oil is a helpful companion that will improve the appearance of the skin. Remember, when applying any essential oil directly to the skin, consider the strength and potency of the oil, as well as your personal skin sensitivity. To avoid skin irritation, consider diluting Helichrysum oil with Coconut, Jojoba or Sunflower oil before applying to the face or body.
- When you want an energizing massage, Helichrysum essential oil can be used to promote vitality.
- Another use of Helichrysum oil for skin is UV protection. Helichrysum essential oil can be used as a sun soother to calm irritated skin. Keep a bottle of Helichrysum on hand when traveling to particularly sunny or warm climates, in case of too much sun exposure.
Helichrysum essential oil is effective in wound healing and removal of scar marks. It is equally effective in clearing up spots left on your skin by pox, boils, and other skin irregularities.
- This oil is very effective is eliminating varicose veins